Many countries have their own mock political parties. We do too. It is called the Two Tailed Dog Party (Kétfarkú Kutya Párt) and here are some things you should know about them:
1. Their logo looks ADORABLE!
(The caption reads: "He is more afraid of you than you are of him.")
They are in fact so adorable that one of their posters says "So adorable, we are sure he will not steal from you."
2. Their official slogan is: "Tow tails, two feet, one way!"
3. Their election slogans crop up all over Hungary, and they are freaking hilarious. Talk about guerrilla PR.
Poster on the lest says "We will promise you anything!"
Poster on the right says "More everything, less nothing!"
Among other things, their campaign posters promise us:
- Eternal life
- Free beer
- Eternal life plus 20 years
- Less Mondays
- "We won't have to work but there still will be money!"
- A mountain for the city of Szeged (the flattest region in the country)
- Space station in the city of Szeged
- A smaller Hungary (parodizing all the "Greater Hungary" politicians who are campaigning to get back the territories taken away from Hungary after the world wars)
4. Apart from election promises, they also put up random posters advertising:
- Pyramid building workshops ("Bring your own stones!")
- Uranium enriching services
- "I found a drunk beaver."
- "I found a wallet! Good for me!"
- "We want yesterday tomorrow!"
- Squiggly lines with a footnote saying "This is for the Martians! Stop reading!"
- A soon-to-open store in downtown Budapest selling used clothes from Africa.
- "Elizabethtown is for Elizabeths!" (one of the districts in Budapest where they actually had people running in the elections, campaigning to rename every resident Elizabeth).
5. They were officially going to run in the 2014 elections, but they didn't make the official list. Their application was turned down with the following reasons:
- The name can lead to associations with indecent imagery (the Hungarian word for 'tail' can also be slang for boy parts)
- The name does not describe appropriately the political stance of the party. (Duh)
6. Their official opposition is the One-tailed Dog Party (Egyfarkú Kutya Párt).