Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Y is for Yvonne Kerékgyártó, and some Hungarian young film scene goodness

I was going to showcase weird Hungarian letters for y (since we don't have any words that start with y), but then I remembered that I know a quite remarkable young Hungarian person whose name just happens to start with that letter, so here we go.
I met Yvonne through friends when she was working on a trailer for a film concept she had, and asked my help with the folklore elements of the story. I ended up getting involved with the production of the trailer as professional gawker and occasional folklore adviser during the three days of shooting the footage. It was my first first-hand experience with the world of film, and I enjoyed it immensely. Although the film itself did not get produced (so far) you can see the finished trailer here. The lady who sings the song in the trailer, actress and singer Anita Kosik, is also a friend of mine.
Yvonne is a very talented young director. She graduated from the Hungarian Film Academy and her first feature length film is coming out this year (I am very excited). The movie is titled Free Entry, and you can see the trailer for it here.
If you would like to see more of her work, you can search for her name on YouTube, or look at her Vimeo profile. I wanted to introduce you to her work not only because it is very professional and intriguing, but also because she is one of those young international people that make their work available in English, and think on an international scale. And also because I believe in showcasing awesome things young people do in Hungary, to balance out all the weird I talk about in this blog.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The trailer looks great! Some kick ass ladies in this post all around. =D

    LittleCely's Blog

    ReplyDelete