Thursday, May 7, 2015

MopDog Public Opinion Poll: What does this building remind you of?

The 2015 World Expo in Milan is just opening, and along many other, easier-to-locate-on-the-map countries, Hungary also built a pavilion to display our charisma uniqueness, nerve, and talent...


Oops, wrong show.
Anyhow, the gif sums up most Hungarians' reactions to the expo building pretty well.

Without further ado, here are the plans for the pavilion in question:


And here is what it ended up looking like:

Because there is no decent world expo building without an (in)appropriate nickname, the poll questions is:

What does this building remind you of? What  do you think it should be named?

(Fret not: There is an explanation for the design. I'll share it later, but I want to hear your guesses first!)

17 comments:

  1. I've never been that good at comic names. But the lady with the big blond hair is what I think of when I think of Hungary. Actually, I think of Zsa Zsa Gabor. The Gabor sisters were hits on television when I was a kid.

    I'm looking forward to the reasoning of the design. It looks pretty cool to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zsa Zsa was before my time, but I know that she is probably one of the best known Hungarians in the US. I should probably write a post about her...

      Delete
  2. At first glance, I thought it looked like a sandwich, Like an open faced sub.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought "big long hamburger." Not so much the finished product from ground level, though... That kind of looks like a battery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The brass falafel accident"?


    ....it looks hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! :D I want a punk band with that name.

      Delete
    2. That's a great name! Got my laugh for the day! I thought of a giant hot dog.

      Delete
  5. I also thought it looked like a sandwich from the first two pictures haha. As for the final product... It kind of looks like a vertebrate grub with its bones exposed. I know, don't ask. But that's what I think of when I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually pretty close to my first reaction. I thought "dead whale" :D

      Delete
  6. My first thought was are those supposed to be ribs? Or a hamburger bun with salad? Then saw building itself and thought battery. But the shape is more like a dumbbell so Zeus' dumbbell?

    Strange looking building but there are weirder out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like two burgers with salad. Hungarian dish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burgers are not very Hungarian... Not with salad, anyway XD

      Delete
  8. It looks like a baked potato filled with broccoli. But then again, I'm from Idaho so... Elle @ Erratic Project Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  9. A dumbbell (a weight) with moss growing on it. Probably been in some wet gym for too long, unused! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah I can kinda see the battery too...

    ReplyDelete