Monday, August 24, 2015

MopDog Monday: American Weeks in a Hungarian McDonald's

Still on the topic of fast food, and the pictures I took this summer: I was lucky enough to be in my country when McDonald's announced their American Weeks.
(I ignorantly have been assuming all this time that McDonald's WAS American Weeks...)
The question lingers: How do you make the Golden Arches MORE American?
(While at the same time also making it Hungarian-friendly)?

Observe:


First off: AMERICAN FLAG AS A BACKDROP FOR BURGERS.

Second: McChicken BBQ (BBQ is a very American thing in our eyes)

Third: Crunchy Atlanta Burger (PUT THE FRIES INSIDE THE BURGER) (also BACON)

Fourth: Las Vegas BBQ (MORE BBQ) (I don't even know how to spell the full word)

Fifth: Beverly Hills Cheese Bites (filled with ketchup) and Chicago Potato Chips (no footnote to explain what makes them Chicago, I feel lost now)
(Chips are also not a side that you normally get in Hungary)

AAAAND
at the same time

PÖTTYÖS McFLURRIES!
These are Túró Rudi (cottage-cheese-and-chocolate) flavored flurries. I have been over the cult status of Túró Rudi before.

This whole thing made me feel incredibly American and incredibly Hungarian ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
Good job, Meki.

3 comments:

  1. Well, this makes me wonder what kind of food there is during non-American week. I used to put potato chips in my sandwiches, so fries inside the burger doesn't sound *too* weird. Though, it won't be crunchy like potato chips, so... not really the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Las Vegas held any rights to BBQ? Now if you said Kansas City, Then you have something really American!! :) Interesting take on McD's across the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On our visit to this place, we mostly stayed downstairs, where the beer and liquor selection was quite admirable. The staff at event space San Francisco here really pride themselves on the beers and food they have.

    ReplyDelete