Monday, August 3, 2015

MopDog Monday: Our KFC is better than your KFC

It is always the most fun part of the semester when I reveal to American students that fast food chains serve different menus depending on the country they are in.

The first time I was in the USA, and I suggested we should eat at KFC, I was completely baffled by the confused and disgusted looks from my American friends. The conversation went something like this:

"Are you sure?..."
"Yes?"
"... You know what KFC is, right? Kentucky Fried Chicken?"
"... Yeees?"
"You have that in Hungary?"
"Yes."
"... And you like that stuff?!"
"... I do. Especially the salad wraps..."
*blink, blink*

So, in order to prove that I am not making it up, here is what a KFC menu looks like in my home town in Hungary:





They has Asian Weeks until last week. With dumplings and teriyaki chicken wraps. Just sayin'.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. I never eat at KFC. My cousin had one near her house and everything around there reeked of grease and fried chicken. But, my mother-in-law loved the place. Pretty sure the menu, from the ads I've seen on TV, is not the same as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do other countries get the good stuff and we just get crap like Double Downs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm, but how does it look like in the USA?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's the same in Japan. We get special, seasonal burgers at McDonald's... Squid Ink buns at Burger King, and Christmas Chicken at KFC... so important, in fact, that families order it almost two months in advance.

    Alex Hurst, A Fantasy Author in Kyoto

    ReplyDelete